Saturday, July 18, 2009

TRAVELING TO NAPA




































I left Tuesday 14 July to start my journey to Napa for the 1/2 Marathon. I decided to go to Yosemite National Park to see my cousin Ed. We haven't seen each other for years and this was the perfect opportunity.

It was a 4.5 hour drive from SFO to Yosemite. Once there I had no cell phone or internet. Such peace and quiet.

The park is beautiful and hot. High 90's during the day and 50's overnight. Pictured above is Half Dome.

Ed is a conductor for the Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad which gives tourists a ride on a train pulled by a steam engine once used by the logging company up there. I took a moonlight ride with him on Wednesday. I got to ride up in the steam engine for 1/2 the trip. It was a great time.

I left Yosemite on Friday 17 July to travel to Sonoma to the Team Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment